It is cookout season and dishes with fresh extra virgin olive oil should be at the top of your menu. We love this Watermelon and Feta salad; it is easy to prepare and equally good for fancy dinner parties or last minute brunches with friends.
For best results, prep this right before you plan to serve it.
- 12 cups on cubed seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Put the watermelon in a colander to drain excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the watermelon and toss gently to coat.
- Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad
- Sprinkle with mint leaves and then serve.
For a variation on this recipe, try it with: